Saturday 6 June 2015

Recipe no 5: .sense- pride

 Ever felt that sometimes being a vegetarian leaves you with very few choices in food.

Not that its true but sometimes I feel like that. 

To be honest an average restaurant offers only paneer option in veg tandoori item and max it would extent to aloo... even in the kebab options there isn't a lot.

I would find it so frustrating  when my friends would eat non vegetarian food that smells so good that my mouth would salivate.

The awesome smoked smell ... even without tasting I could taste the food just by look and smell...it was just so damn good.

One incident really forced me to think about it and that changed everything.

Some of my friends and me were at the mall...doing nothing just hanging around, shopping and playing some video games.

This was than a new mall and I had not been to their food court. 

When i went up there one food stall fascinated me and that was the Kakori house. The smell of food coming from the stall was very enticing. 

They were serving Lucknowi delicacy 

My friends went crazy..they ordered all kind of kebabs galauti chicken and what not.

What caught my eye was the Galauti kebab...Its kebab made of mutton and really soft.

Its so soft that it literally melts in your mouth.

I asked the guy serving there if they had the same in veg. He laughed and said "veg mein banta nahi hai."

I was really disappointed and didn't really want to eat anything post that.

I wanted to eat but only that.

I am a bit finicky about food that way...if I set my mind to something I will only want that.

Not that it was possible since I didn't eat mutton.

So I kept wondering if ever there could be vegetarian equivalent for meat.. 

I searched the internet and found that there too the kebab options were more non veg than veg.

Until I came across one site where it was mentioned how to make veg galauti kebab.

I was so happy that finally something .....some break

But when I read the recipe it has the soya option and I hate soya anything.

What to do now?

So what I did was I followed the recipe but replaced soya with aloo and paneer.
And voila... I had the most awesome Veg Galauti kebab

The pride I felt that day was almost like when a nawab would win a battle :-)

So here goes the recipe:

Ingredients:

Potato- 7 to 9

Paneer(cottage cheese)- half a kg

Corn- 400 gms

Corn flour- 100 gms

Cashew- 100 gms

Kitchen King masala- 3 table spoon

Garam Masala- 2 table spoon

Coriander- finely chopped

Green Chili - 3 to 4

Ginger- small piece

Red Chili powder

Turmeric powder

Dhaniya powder

Salt to taste

Oil - to shallow fry

Method

Boil and mash the potato in a fine paste

Boil and mash the corn

grate the paneer

Mix all the 3 .

Grind the green chili and ginger together in a mixture

add it to your mash

add the coriander

add the masalas ( all of them)

Grind the cashew in a fine powder form add it to the mash

Add salt to taste.

after adding everything add about 2 spoons of corn flour in the mash.

Mix the mash well.

Make small ball out and than gently press them a bit flat.

Roll the kebabs in the corns flour coating it completely and than put them on the pan to shallow fry. Turn the kebabs on the other side to cook.

Once make garnish it with some coriander, chat masala and lime.



Hope you enjoy eating this as it took a lot of hard work to figure it out.

Happy reading- Happy cooking - Happy eating


No comments:

Post a Comment